Latest vintage available online via Port2Port.
- Soil Clay-rich shale-derived soil 40% Decomposed granite soil 28% Table Mountain Sandstone-derived soil 32%
- Alcohol 13.48%
- Acid 7.20 g/l
- pH 3.38
- Residual Sugar 1.90 g/l
- Barrel Maturation 8% Barrel fermented in neutral barrels
- Yield 40.03 hl/ha, 6.5 t/ha
- Production 14 500 x 12 cases
- Fruit Origin Hemel-en-Aarde 47% Walker Bay 53%
- Release Date June 2023
- Vegan Friendly
Despite slightly later bud-break for Sauvignon blanc, ripening was just over one week earlier in 2023. Later ripening sites were at risk from significant late February and March rains, but careful in-vineyard selection enabled us to bring only the best grapes to the cellar. At 24.18 centigrade for the average maximum temperatures for the 4 “hottest” months (Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar) building up to and during harvest, 2023 was one of our coolest years on record. Burgundy for the equivalent period has an average of 24.66 Centigrade. For those lucky enough to harvest before the substantial late season rains 2023 produced vibrant energetic wines with wonderful natural acidity.